What our Nurses say about working at Tōtara Health
Our team tell us that:
- “We are a great team and we support each other”
- “We all help each other to get the job done”
- “Everyone in the organisation is approachable”
- “We have great teamwork and culture between doctors and nurses”
- “Nurses are supported to develop clinical skills and to work autonomously”
- “There is something different every day in terms of patients and clinical variety”
- “We have significant cultural diversity in our team”
Kathleen from America - GP at Tōtara Health
For 12 months I have been truly fortunate to have the experience as a locum GP at Tōtara Health. Everyone here has been so welcoming and supportive; they always make time to answer the many questions I have while adjusting to a new system. It’s been a joy meeting and caring for a diverse population of patients.
I very much enjoyed the laid back lifestyle here, which was a welcome change from my recent few years near busy Washington, D.C. Having a public hospital system was new for me and once I adjusted to the system, found many of the programmes to be patient-focused.
Living in and exploring sunny Hawke’s Bay is a bonus in the down time and I have been fortunate to spend some time travelling around NZ and experiencing the beautiful countryside.